Professional teeth cleaning - free of painTooth brushing at the dentist's?
Even if you are cleaning your teeth regularly and diligently there are germs and deposits on the teeth which cannot be removed by a normal tooth brush. When a dentist or dental hygienist cleans your teeth they remove soft and hard deposits from your teeth that cause cavities and periodontosis. The main reason of having your teeth cleaned professionally is to prevent or delay the progression of gum diseases.
There are 6 steps in professional teeth cleaning:
- Thorough examination of the denture.
- Removal of hard deposits on the tooth surface and gaps (tartar, discolorations).
- Bleaching of discolorations caused by coffee, tea or smoking through airflow.
- Removal of soft deposits by means of special brushes, pastes and dental floss.
- Polish and fluoridation in order to set up an even surface which is a protecting shield against the deposit of bacteria and tartness.
- Session about dental hygiene at home.